I had stored this away in the depths of my old web-site. I find it interesting. Thoughts?
Warning signs of a love-lacking heart:
- Prayer ceases to be vital part of your life.
- The quest for biblical truth ceases and you grow content with the knowledge of eternal things already acquired.
- The biblical knowledge possessed or acquired is treated as external fact and not applied inwardly.
- Earnest thoughts about eternal things cease to be regular and gripping.
- The services of the church lose their delights.
- Pointed spiritual discussions are an embarrassment.
- Sins of the body and mind can be indulged in without an uproar of your conscience.
- Aspirations for Christ-like holiness cease to dominate in your life.
- The acquisition of money and goods becomes a dominant part of your thinking.
- You can mouth religious songs and words without heart.
- You can hear the lord’s name taken in vain, spiritual concerns mocked and eternal issues flippantly treated, and not be moved to indignation and action.
- You can watch degrading movies and television and read morally debilitating literature.
- Breaches of peace in the brotherhood are of little or no concern to you.
- The slightest excuse seems sufficient to keep you from spiritual duty and opportunity.
- You become content with your lack of spiritual power and no longer seek repeated endowments of power from on high.
- You pardon your own sin and sloth by saying the lord understands and remembers that we are dust.
- You adjust readily to the world’s lifestyle.
These are an adaptation from Richard Owen Roberts on the topic of Backsliding